Consult and Measure
Our professionals will meet you and your pet in person to determine the best fit for your pet’s needs:
- What is your ultimate goal for your pet’s safety?
- What available system will best fulfill this goal?
- What area would you like to create as boundaries for your pet?
- What time schedule works best for you?
Installing your Pet Stop system involves four steps that our skilled Pet Stop Dealers are happy to explain in more detail. They’ll get you started from day one by assisting you throughout the process.
Your Pet Stop dealer will:
- Bury the boundary wire in the location where you and your dealer agree will work best.
- Install the signal transmitter in a convenient location.
- Fit and customize your pet’s receiver with the program that’s best for you and your pet’s breed, personality and disposition.
- Perform the initial training session to ensure your pet is properly introduced to their new system.
Pet Stop® will walk your dog through training with GentleSteps™
We appropriately call our Pet Stop dog-training method GentleSteps. That’s exactly what it is: a series of gentle steps to effectively and humanely condition your dog to understand the new boundaries.
GentleSteps training is the modern incremental training program that reduces problems more commonly associated with traditional training by using barely perceptible levels of collar stimulation, just a tickle, during the initial training phase.
While other companies may promote similar types of training, only GentleSteps offers levels this low and makes level adjustment this easy. Feel free to ask your local Pet Stop dog-fence expert to demonstrate.
The behavior expert credited with this revolutionary low-stress training technique is professional trainer and Pet Stop dealer Rich Weinssen of Hidden Fence of New Jersey, who believes in a humane approach to pet training. He saw the opportunity to develop a low-stress approach by using a slow and gradual increase in correction supplemented by frequent training sessions.